There are many pathology tests and markers which can be used to record results against patients! SimpleClinic includes a lot of basic or standard tests, but you can add more test markers!
From the main SimpleClinic menu, expand the "Content" menu and select the "Custom Tests" option.
The list of custom tests will be displayed.
Click on the Add New button.
The fields on this window include the following:
- Test name - the name of the individual marker
- Group - a generalised name that the test marker can be grouped into with other similar tests, such as "blood lipids", "female hormones", "vitamins" etc
- Description - a longer description of the test marker, including what the marker is, and perhaps what a low or high result may mean
- Unit - an optional unit of measurement of the test marker, such as mmol/L, %, cm, etc
- Ordering - an optional number which can be used to order the test into all pathology tests, so type in a smaller number to have the custom test shown higher up the list or tests, or a larger number to have the test shown further down the list.
Click on OK to save the new custom test.
Adding a Custom Test to the list of Default tests
SimpleClinic allows you to select a number of regularly-used test markers to be "default" tests that will be added automatically to each patient's treatment note. Custom Tests can be selected to be one of the "default" test markers if required!
NB - once a test result for a Custom Test has been added to more than one patient, that custom test cannot be deleted!