Creating an Adhoc Shift gives you the ability to open a one off block in your diary on a day that is normally closed.
Adhoc Shifts are only to be used on a day that is CLOSED under your normal Employee schedule. It cannot be used to extend hours on a day that is already open. e.g. normally closed on Saturdays but decide to open up next Saturday as a one off.
Please do not open an adhoc shift on a day that is already open otherwise it will replace that shift with your new adhoc hours for that day.
Only ONE adhoc shift can be open per day.
1. Go to Diary -> select the practitioner -> go to the date you wish to open -> right click in the diary at the desired start time -> select Create Ad Hoc Shift (as below)
2. Add the details of the shift:
- By default the end time will be 3 hours ahead of the start time, edit this as required
- Select a Location if applicable, or leave as All Locations
3. Select Save Shift (as below) - the diary will now be open and this will reflect in the online booking page
Multiple locations: if more than 1 location is required but not ALL, select ALL and then use blocks to block out time in individual locations
To cancel or edit adhoc shift: if the opened time is no longer required or needs to be changed, use a block to close the adhoc shift. An adhoc shift cannot be modified or deleted once created - this is to ensure an audit trail of activity.