Brother QL-700 Troubleshooting
Modified on: Wed, 9 Feb, 2022 at 4:01 PM
Firstly, ensure you read the article on using label printing, click here.
If you are receiving a Communication Error with PC & Printer notification when trying to print labels with your Brother QL-700, follow the below steps:
- Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer end.
- Ensure that the only light on at the printer is the Status – If the Editor Lite is on, please turn that off.
- Download and run the Printer Driver Information Clean-Up Tool: https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=lpql700eas&os=10011&dlid=dlfp100366_000&flang=178&type3=10229&dlang=true Once you ran that it will automatically restart your computer.
- Once the computer comes back on, download and install the printer driver: https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=lpql700eas&os=10011&dlid=dlfp100155_000&flang=181&type3=347 plug the cable in only when it tells you to during the installation.
- Download and install the P-Touch Editor software if you have not already done so: https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=au&lang=en&prod=lpql700eas&os=10011&dlid=dlfp100904_000&flang=179&type3=296
- Open the P-touch Editor software – Create new Layout - make sure it’s selected to the correct model – Click on the Paper tab on the top and then on the left click on Detect Size and Colour button.
- Then try and print something from the P-Touch Editor Software. If that works, then the drivers are installed properly.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.