SimpleClinic can also be used to manage clients for workshops and events, take bookings and online payments too! This article describes how to create workshops in SimpleClinic.
PLEASE NOTE: If you intend to charge for your events/workshops you will need to configure a payment gateway. Please see the following link on which payment gateways are integrated with SimpleClinic.
Workshops and events cannot be booked directly from the Diary screen. Instead, select the Workshops option from the main navigation menu on the left.
The initial screen will show a list of all events, in descending date order. When there are events to display, they can be viewed to open them and check or edit the event details, or the event can be deleted.
Click on the Add New button to create a new event.
The details which can be selected of entered on this screen include the following:
- Event title – type in a descriptive name
- Start and End dates and times – use the date picker buttons
- Ticket price – enter the cost, or 0.00 if free!
- Unique Event URL – when the event is saved, this field will be automatically filled with a website address, which can then be used on your website, Facebook page, or a third party booking service, for clients or the public to book into the event
- Recurrence – whether the event repeats, how frequently, and the ending date
- Practitioner – an event must be linked to a practitioner, and the events and times will be blocked out in their Diary
- Linked Invoice Item – a paid event can be linked to an invoice item which will appear on the invoice for the booked in clients. You will need to create this in the inventory FIRST, using these steps: How to add new inventory items
- Banner image – a picture for the event which can be used in
- Workshop description – the event details. Use the formatting buttons as needed.
- Address – location details of the event.
Once added, click SAVE
At the bottom of the event screen the registered participants can be viewed, and event exported to a CSV file if required.
People who book in for any event will be added to the clients list, if they haven't been added before. And if you have email integration enabled in the Business Setup, their details will also be added to the email list for future marketing!
After clients book in for the event, they will receive the below confirmation of their booking: