There is a setting in the Employees section for the roles each SimpleClinic user will have. This can affect the different levels of security settings and their access to features available in SimpleClinic.
There are 5 roles or levels of users available in SimpleClinic:
1. Administrator (Admin) – The clinic owner or manager, who has access to everything in SimpleClinic. Please do not change this user role, or delete the Admin user! If you are a single practitioner clinic, you should have the Administrator role, as this encompasses all access and features in SimpleClinic.
2. Reception – This account has access to many features of SimpleClinic as needed for their role, but there are restrictions on some parts of the program. There can be more than one reception user if needed.
3. Employee – This is a clinician user role, for Naturopaths, Nutritionists, Herbalists, Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists and other similar modalities. Employee user access is for practitioners that are on wages and work directly as a employee for the clinic. They will have access to all patients associated with the clinic.
4. Practitioner – This is a clinician user role, for Naturopaths, Nutritionists, Herbalists, Massage Therapists, Acupuncturists and other similar modalities. Practitioner user access is for practitioners that are renting a room, sub contracting, or running their own business. It restricts visibility to only patients that have been linked to their access role.
5. Deactivated - When a person leaves the clinic, their account should be deactivated as soon as possible for security purposes.
Details and differences in the different user roles and their access levels to the main SimpleClinic features can be seen in the following table.
|Dashboard||Yes - All Aspects||Limited - Will not see financial information||Limited||Limited|
|Diary||Yes||Yes||Yes||Own patients only|
|Patients||Yes - All patients||Yes- All patients (Unable to see treatment notes)||Yes - All patients||Own patients only|
|Inventory and Services||Yes||Yes||View only||View only|
|Reporting||Yes||Yes||Own data only||Own data only|
|Content||Yes||Yes||Yes||Own patients only|
|Calendar Integration||Yes - each user can have a calendar linked||Yes - each user can have a calendar linked||Yes - each user can have a calendar linked||Yes - each user can have a calendar linked|
|Store payment details||Yes||No||No||No|
The access levels for the SimpleClinic users can be configured and updated by the clinic's Administrator user, by changing the employee's User Role field in the Employees section of SimpleClinic.