To invoice a patient, access the Patients tab from the right hand side, open their patient record.
Once the patient record has been selected the action bar (grey bar above the patient name) will show options including Invoice. Click the Invoice button to create a new Invoice.
This will take you to the page shown on the next page.
There are 7 key areas on this page. Each of these are covered in turn.
1. Action bar – This appears similar to other pages. This will allow you to SMS or email the invoice to the client, as well as to display or print it. The right of the action bar contains options to delete or hide the invoice.
2. Patient Details- The details panel is auto populated based on the patient selected when creating the invoice.
3. Invoice Details – The invoice details are auto created and updated as the invoice is edited. Changing the date will change the invoice date and update the invoice. The practitioner branding setting will allow you allocated any branding overrides associated with a specific linked practitioner. When left at default the default practitioner branding is used.
4. Invoice Items – This is the most commonly accessed area and allows you to add invoice items to an invoice. To add an invoice item simply type the item name into the text field, ie Meta. This will create an auto select with all matching items from your inventory.
Select the item from the list and it will be added to the invoice along with the unit price and total price as defined in your inventory.
By default the status will be set to supplied. You can change this status if needed.
5. Payments – The payments panel contains all the payments that have been associated with this invoice. An invoice can have multiple payments. Until the payments total matches the invoice total a red alert will be displayed at the top of the invoice to let you know that the invoice has an unpaid balance.
You can add a payment by clicking the blue Plus in the payments table. This will open a modal to complete the payment information.
The payment date will automatically be set to the current date and the amount will be set to the current amount owing. Several payment options are available.
6. Comments – The comments panel will allow you to record comment against the invoice. This can be marked as either shown or hidden. Shown comments will print on the invoice while hidden will not display on the invoice and are for internal use only.
By default SimpleClinic journals the history of the invoice including items added, item status changes, payments recorded and invoice access by the online SimpleClinic portal.
7. Recurrence Settings – The recurrence settings of an invoice allow you to define a recurring payment schedule. Please click here to see the knowledge base article on setting up these payments.
8. Parent/Child Invoices - These are related to recurrence settings, please see above instructions. This is not a section to link clients together